Wednesday, April 30, 2008
One interesting thing that the consultant suggested was for us to switch the web server to an Linux environment. Right now we operate in a Windows environment and while Drupal works with Microsoft, it works better with Linux. My System Administrator is actually excited to learn about Linux, so I was glad for that. If we do decide on Drupal, we will use a Linux machine.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Wish me luck.
Most people that read the entries that follow will probably think I'm boring. I'm not.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
- My favorite Things were LibraryThing, Google Labs, and the Web 2.0 Awards.
- This program made me take the time to look at technologies that I need to know for my job. I was already familiar with most of them, but there were a few surprises.
- The CakePHP and ColorTheme (?) technologies were neat and I plan to use them in my work. Same goes for LibraryThing.
- Require users to include the URLs to the Things they create so we can look at them.
- Of course I would participate if this would be offered again. Mainly because I'll likely be involved in making it.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Apparently I've used Zoho writer before when I was at CiL and I guess I was having a hard time getting my Mac to let me take notes. I don't really remember this, but the document is sitting right here on my desktop so who am I to argue.
Zoho writer is cool. So is Google Docs. However, I usually have Word on my pc so I'm not that likely to use these tools. Both times I've tried to use an online document editor in the past my online session has been iffy, resulting in lost work. So in most cases, no thanks to Zoho and Google Docs.
I DO like that you can Publish to a Blog. That is very cool and a good way to format your entries before publishing.
That said, look at my del.icio.us for links on all kinds of web redesign stuff:
P.S. When we do 23 Things again next time, I'm going to make staff include the links to the Things they created...