Wednesday, December 17, 2008


This morning I officially migrated to EZProxy authentication. I originally thought this task would take one week. It ended up taking about three weeks. It was much more tedious, complicated, and time consuming than I originally thought.

Here's what I learned:

  1. Contacting database vendors is a time-sucker

  2. PPLD subscribes to a lot of database, each of which had to be altered in a separate script. Tedious and time-consuming

  3. We've linked to specific databases via Catalog authentication throughout Locating each instance and changing the scripts are not only tedious and time-consuming, but complicated.

  4. EZProxy rocks.

I'm pretty sure I fixed all issues involving the migration. However, only time and patron complaints will tell for sure.

All databases need to authenticate via EZProxy for the redesigned website. Hence the migration.

No comments: