Saturday, March 21, 2009

Subject Guides

Of course I got a cold after D.C.! So frustrating because I have so much to do. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be putting in some serious overtime to get this project done in the timeframe that is necessary.

I started the Subject Guides section of "Research" this past week. I plan to take our proprietary databases, recommended websites, related classes and events, and whatever else fits and combine and organize them on one page for easy access, organized by subject. There's a lot of set up involved in this feature, but the outcome will be well worth it.

I've gotten most of our proprietary databases entered, which is step 1 of the process. I'd like to have migrated them, but we've made some major changes that prevent that solution, so hand-entering it is. Hopefully I'll be able to migrate almost everything else.

I plan to come in for a few hours this weekend to finish the job so I can start creating Views by subject.

No comments: