Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Learn a New Thing Every Day!

Just when I thought I knew (almost) everything about the Intranet wiki, I learned something new today.

By accident, one of my co-workers mistyped her blog URL information into the wiki (one time, w/o brackets) and yet the URL still worked.

Instead of using brackets and typing the URL twice, all you have to do is type the URL in once w/o brackets and it shows up correctly. DUH!!

It makes perfect sense in retrospect. Using brackets with a hyperlink allows you to name the hyperlink anything you want. However, we just wanted the hyperlink to show the URL, so in this case, no need for brackets.

I'm thrilled. It just goes to show you that even those of us that work with these tools every day can learn new things about them.

No comments: