Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feeding the Brain Rot

I don't know if I've mentioned the problems we've had with pulling in feeds from our Events Calendar, run by Evanced. If not, let's just say that both Aggregator module and the far more robust and complicated FeedAPI module didn't do what we wanted, which was order the events by most recent date first (FeedAPI had further formatting issues I don't want to go into). I had made over 45 feeds in Aggregator before I realized this problem.

Luckily Connor, my rockin' intern, developed a php template I could use to embed feeds into Pages. It's simple to use and does everything I need.

Unluckily, I had to remake and relink ALL the feeds, which rivaled Subject Guides in its tediumality, extreme pain in the arsetitude, and time-consumingness. Great words, I know, but I have brain rot right now, so I'm sticking with them.

Connor is currently researching how to contribute this handy tool as a Drupal module...

No comments: