Thursday, February 5, 2009

Workflow Module - The Revenge

OK. I think I devised a workaround for the Workflow module issue I was having. Here's what I did:

  1. Created a new workflow just like the old one (well, with one less state).

  2. Edited the new workflow and didn't allow any roles to revert from published (state) to draft (state). I figure if we need to unpublish something, well, we'll unpublish it.

  3. Applied this new workflow to the necessary content types and deleted the original workflow.



Now, if I try to edit a node, it will still revert to draft. However, I think this is because it's a new workflow and it sees the node as being in "creation" state, not published state. It only does this on the initial edit. As long as I'm careful and change the state to published, I think this will be ok. Not exactly a fix, but an improvement.

It'd be great to be able to batch publish a content type, though.

I'll keep an eye on it and document any further weirdness.

No comments: