Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Workflow Module

I've been pretty frustrated with Workflow module lately. The problem I have is when I edit a node that's already published, the workflow state of that node reverts back to draft. If I don't remember to change the state back to published, the node gets saved as draft. The most annoying part about this is, unless I check the website as an anonymous user, I don't notice the change because I'm logged in as administrator.

I'd like to be able to specify the default state of a node in edit to be its current state. For example, a published node will remain published in editing; a draft node will remain draft in editing; etc.

I've looked all over drupal.org for some guidance on this problem, but no luck. I think I'm going to have to submit an issue and hope someone points me in the right direction.

I hate submitting issues because I'm always afraid I won't do a good job of describing my issue, or worse, the documentation will already exist.

No comments: